allenf rost library

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 10 May 2013

Mending a Passenger Pigeon

Posted on 14:14 by clark
 

Today I mended this beautiful old book
THE LAST PASSENGER (1956)
about passenger pigeons in Ohio
by James Ralph Johnson
 

This is my Mending Mentor
Captain Mastor:

 

As you may recall
our Mendery was shut down last year
(see posting from December 6, 2011).
However, since then of course
many books have been piling up
needing repairs. 

 

So I'm back in there to help. 
This book needed a spine repair:

 

First I removed the torn spine


Then I cut some headbands
which the original book lacked.


Incidentally, way back when 
we 'overbought' our headband
and ended up with this huge 
cheese-wheel of headband.
Fortunately, I saved it from 
being discarded as it's 
something any Mendery uses
everyday.

 

I weighted down the new spine
with these buckshot filled weights.
 

Here's how the new headband
blurrily looks.


Next I made the new spine. I could have 
gone with either green or gray booktape. 
I chose the gray.
(Once I memorably festooned a book
on American slavery in red white and blue
booktape, quite a patriotic sight.)






I glued down the old spine title.


And voila!


 The Passenger Pigeon returns to the flock!

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • book of the week
    I'm loving The John Lennon Letters edited by Hunter Davies (2012). I'm reading it on the bus, on break  and any chance I get during ...
  • ...
    this is a sneak preview of what I've been so busy with the past few months. Something good is on the way!
  • 32nd & Seagull
    32 nd & Seagull Along 32 nd Street there’s a little house sometimes with a seagull standing on the rooftop. When it’s there it makes ...
  • The Wonderful Stupid Man
    This is the cover sheet for my new book   The Wonderful Stupid Man 39 short stories published this month by  Bird Dog Publishing
  • reading this Friday
    I'll be reading two stories this Friday in Seattle...
  • the peaceful island
    here's the cover for the new little book written from Halloween  up to Election Day. this is the typo cover
  • trees this morning
  • The Peaceful Island
      this is a little book I self-published written just before Halloween right until Election Day, 2012.   The World’s Most Hated Man Walking...
  • bradbury
    I've been reading a gigantic collection of Ray Bradbury stories. "The Kilimanjaro Machine" is great, appeared originally in Li...
  • movie time
    Saw a great Irene Dunne movie THEODORA GOES WILD (1936)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (158)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (28)
    • ►  May (26)
    • ►  April (31)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (19)
    • ►  January (18)
  • ▼  2013 (90)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ▼  May (13)
      • 4 mornings ago
      • More Movie Time
      • Movie Time
      • Black Elk book
      • ironie
      • champions
      • More Raymond DeCapite
      • sunday animals
      • Mending a Passenger Pigeon
      • Raymond DeCapite
      • another reading
      • flowers
      • My Favorite Driveway
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2012 (158)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (16)
    • ►  June (19)
    • ►  May (31)
    • ►  April (18)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2011 (73)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (18)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2010 (21)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (6)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

clark
View my complete profile